100 Helpful College Blogs You Should Check Out
Yesterday, CollegeScholarships.org published a list of 100 Education Advice Blogs. The blogs on the list range from providing advice for managing priorities to advice for college parents. This list is among some of the great resources available on the Internet for students and parents, and we encourage you to check it out.
We’ve selected a few from the list that we think are particularly interesting blogs to follow, and a couple more that weren’t on the list, but are awesome additions.
Student Branding Blog – www.studentbranding.com
- Most Recent Post – Using Your Existing Contacts to Find the Perfect Job
- From the blog: “This blog, with the support of experienced college career counselors and recent graduates, will help students capitalize on their own unique abilities.”
Smart College Visit – www.smartcollegevisit.com
- Most Recent Post – The 5 Ws of #CampusChat with DJ Waldow
- From the blog: “SmartCollegeVisit is the educated way to plan your campus visit. Millions of high school students, even many middle school students, and their families journey to college campuses nationwide in search of the best fit for their college career.”
Skipping Breakfast – www.skippingbreakfast.com
- Most Recent Post – Filling Out College Apps the Right Way
- From the blog: “The closer you get to high school graduation, the more questions you’ll have to answer. Rather than wait until the last minute, this blog will give you useful ways to prepare for the road ahead. You’ll find everything from games of skill to stories from students in college now.”
Skipping Dinner – www.skippingdinner.com
- Most Recent Post – Millennials Leading the Way
- From the blog: “This blog will help you make sure key college planning does not go overlooked. Whether your child is in middle school or high school, close to graduation or years from it, you’ll find important resources, news and expert advice that will help you help your child make a successful transition from high school to college and beyond.”
Parents Count Down to College – www.parentscountdowntocollege.com
- Most Recent Post – Is Student Safety at the Top of Your List?
- From the blog: “I don’t know about you, but I’m a do-it-yourselfer. I would much rather someone show me or teach me how to do something than have it done for me. And that’s what led me to begin this “outside of the box” college coaching for parents. Hopefully, along the way, I’ll provide you with some tools that make your job easier. Why? Because I wish someone had done the same for me.”
Student Advisor – blog.studentadvisor.com
- Most Recent Post – Write a College Review and Win Up to $500!
- From the blog: “StudentAdvisor.com helps empower college students of all ages to confidently determine which college is the right fit for their personality, academics, budget, career path, and future.”
If you have a college/education blog, feel free to leave a comment so we can go check it out.