Paying for College 101:
What You Need to Know about Financial Aid
There are a lot of things to think about when planning your college education, including where you’ll go to school, what you’ll major in and what classes you’ll take. But make sure not to forget the key to it all – how you’ll pay for college.
The financial aid process can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help. Below you’ll find a series of great articles written especially for our readers by Myra Baas Smith of the College Board. Join Myra below as she explains the financial aid process and gives you the lowdown on what you need to know about paying for college:
- #1 – Everyone Should Apply for Financial Aid
- #2 – Financial Aid Deadlines Matter!
- #3 – Understanding Financial Aid Applications
- #4 – What Will Your Family Contribution Be?
- #5 – Knowing Your Cost of Attendance
- #6 – Learn the Types of Financial Aid
- #7 – Not All Types of Financial Aid are Equal
- #8 – All Types of Financial Aid Are Not Equal: Non-Federal Aid
- #9 – How to Decode the Financial Aid Award Letter
- #10 – You Can Appeal the Financial Aid Award
Subscribe to learn more
Once you’ve got the basics down, you’re ready to tackle the financial aid process. Make sure to subscribe to College Money Insider so you’ll never miss out on the latest financial aid news and advice. If you have questions or get stuck, be sure to ask our experts for advice on how to make school affordable. Good luck!