A. Information We Collect and How We Use It.
1. Overture uses the information collected from you to operate this loan information system. Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your information while also facilitating the loan process. When you use the Overture Marketplace, you will submit information about yourself, such as your name, address, e-mail, phone number, information about your finances and Social Security Number ("Personally Identifiable Information" or "PII"). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information" or "Non-PII"). PII and Non-PII are known together as "Information". We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-signers), including their name, address, telephone number, email address and Social Security Number.
3. In addition to the lenders that have provided their specific lending guidelines, Overture has relationships with other companies who offer more loan products or other services you may find of interest. In the process of helping you investigate and obtain financing, Overture may share your contact information and prequalification profile with these companies as well. Your prequalification profile does not include your Social Security Number.
4. After you submit your information, whether or not you connect with a lender, Overture will use your information to produce reports, such as average loan amounts, percent of submissions eligible, and average credit score of submissions. Such reports will not include any personally identifiable information about you or any specific consumer. We will share these reports of aggregated data with third-parties.
5. We will store your data. Federal and state regulations may require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
6. We may use your financial information to attempt to match you with lenders and to provide lenders' loan information to you. We might also share your information to attempt to verify your identity, to identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as needed to manage our business.
7. Credit bureau and information providers: In order to provide services to you, Overture may share certain elements of your information with companies that will provide information to us. For example, if you submitted a loan inquiry, we would submit a request to a credit bureau to provide us with a copy of your credit report. We might also use a service to verify your identity to reduce fraud. We only do this with companies that have committed to protect your identity and all information shared.
B. How We Protect Your Personal Information
1. We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
2. We want you to feel confident using our websites to conduct business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
3. Personal information will be processed and stored by Overture in databases hosted in the United States. Overture has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.
C. Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collection
2. Third-party cookies: We work with service providers and advertising networks to track and manage cookie information and your activities while you're on the Overture Marketplace or using our services. You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis from any of these ad networks.
3. Usage logs: When you use the Overture Marketplace, your computer communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
D. Other Policies Regarding Your Information
1. E-mail Management: You may receive e-mail from Overture for a variety of reasons. We respect your desire to manage e-mail correspondence. Each of our e-mail communications contains a link to our "unsubscribe" utility so that you can select which e-mail notifications you no longer want to receive.
2. Outside Links: Throughout the Overture Marketplace, we may link to the Web sites of other companies and/or individuals. These third-party Web sites may collect personal information about users on those Web sites, and
4. Children under the Age of 13: Overture will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. Our services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
5. Overture does not charge you fees. We charge lenders fees for the services we provide. For more information on how the system works, read How It Works.
6. How you can access your information: If you have submitted a loan inquiry with us, you can view all information submitted by going to the Account Activity section (link located on the left sidebar). You may also update your personal information by submitting a new loan inquiry.
7. Providing Information: You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our websites because such information may be required in order for you to obtain products or services from us.
8. Do Not Call Policy: Under our Do Not Call policy you may instruct us not to call you for marketing purposes by e-mailing our Customer Care Department at email@example.com. We will implement your instructions within 30 days. We have policies and procedures in place and train our employees to honor your request. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
9. Postal Mail: If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from current and future mailing lists by contacting our Customer Care Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Contacting Overture: If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Overture, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
11. Privacy Statement Revisions: This Privacy Statement was last revised on July 15, 2013. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the web site.
— Updated July 15, 2013